Samsung HP-S5033 Plasma TV at Samsclub

Username: Nick47

Post Number: 4
I am planning to exchange my crappy 50" Philips Plasma TV for the new Samsung HP-S5033 50" Plasma which is now available at Samsclub for $2599. The picture looked real good in the store.

Anybody has any comments or experience with this TV?

I already had very bad experience with Philips. Returned 3 sets within last 6 months with different problems. (Thank god fo Samsclub'sgreat return policy.

I will never buy Philips again !!!

Username: Damncrappyplasma

Post Number: 10
No experience with that particular model but I did purchase the Samsung HPN4239 plasma and I have had nothing but problems with it.

Its in the shop right now actually getting a new power supply. The purchase was based purely on price and I am now kicking myself that I did not spend a bit more to get into a Pana, LG or Pioneer. My sources tell me that there is a high break down rate with many Samsung plasma models.

When I sold retail A/V we called the Phillips CRT rear projectors "Boomerangs" because they kept coming back. By the sounds of it the plasmas are not much better.

Username: Krlo35

Post Number: 6
I was hoping to get some feedback on this as well. There are 2 models out that I am considering
HP-S5033 50" High Definition Plasma TV w/ Integrated Tuner
and
HP-S5053 50" High Definition Plasma TV with Built-in HDTV Tuner
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us