Samsung DLP Digital Closed Caption Question

Username: Stiffwood1673

Post Number: 1
Am real happy with my Samsung 50" DLP. When I'm using my Digital Cable Set Top Box, I am unable to access closed captions. Any suggestion on why this doesn't work?
Thanks, Lou

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 820
Greyed out...I'm guessing!

You're using a component input to the set, which makes the set act like a monitor. The set expects the device connected to perform any added functions. Sucks doesn't it! :-(
I'm still looking for a way around it!

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 40
I don't have a Samsung but the brand of television should not matter. On my cable box (Motorola) I hit power and then menu and it puts me in the set up menu.I have the option of closed captioning on or off plus a few more settings for different things.I hope this is some help.

Post Number: 2
Bob, you're correct. My work around is to send my digital signal through the S-Video terminals. This way I can get CC on all of the channels, including HD.
Lou

Post Number: 3
Correction, I meant "FYI" is correct. My cable box, which is a Pace, doesn't let me do call up my closed captions.
Thanks, Bob and FYI.

Lou

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 823
Louis,

The only problem with that is that S-Video cannot pass HD signal. I'm not sure you are subscribing to HD on cable, but thought you would want to know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us