Help me!! video mode!!!!

Username: Chrissykill

Post Number: 1
hey

i am desperate for some answers!!

i have an RCA tv, and an RCA universal remote, with no AUX button. I hooked up a Pioneer dvd player. I cannot get to video mode, even went to 00 and other various channels ie 90, 91, 92, 93. The channel 92 did stay black like it was something, but there was still no picture. Not sure what I am missing here. any help? this sucks, i really want to use my DVD player.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 830
usually the RCA brand has their video inputs on input 1 91 or input 2 92. Since you indicated 92 stayed black, can you connect your dvd player up to input 2 on your RCA, turn the dvd player on and put the TV on channel 92. If that doesn't work, get the model number for the TV off the data plate while you're behind the TV and we'll see if we can help further.

Post Number: 4
if this posts twice.sorry.

i don't see a input 2?
what is that?

model number f26317.

thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 831
Don't worry about it, your TV only has 1 input. On your RCA remote control, right under the #7 button, there is a button labeled as who•input. With the remote control in the TV mode press that button and it will allow you to view the video input available. If that doesn't work, check your wiring from the DVD player to your TV and make sure the colors match up. Good luck

Post Number: 5
eeek, on this remote, there is no such button!! so i guess i haveto get a new remote...the colors match up..i have an audio, with black and red instead of white and red, is that a problem??
in any case..i looked at two remotes that are near my house, the remote has an input button will that definatly put it in the vidoe mode.
gahh this sucks..

Username: Teetime

Post Number: 1
I have a Zenith SF2799Y. I no longer have a working remote control for it. I am trying to connect a DVD player to it. How do I change the setting to input mode without the remote? I have a RCA Universal remote with an input button and menu button but it doesn't access the menu or change the setting.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3169
Try going through the channels until you get to line. If that doesn't work, get a different universal. A One For All should do the input and menus.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us