Sound keeps going off, RCA TV

Username: Canuck_cutie

Post Number: 1
I have a 6 yr old 27" RCA TV (with Guideplus). 2 days ago, I began having sound problems. I'll just lose the sound (but not picture) - I'll just hear static. I can easily FIX this - I just unplug the TV (doesn't have to even be unplugging it for long, just a quick unplug then plug back in), then plug it back in and the sound returns.....but it's doing it more frequently and it's a pain in the butt.

I currently have my TV set up so that the sound comes through my home stereo speakers. When this sound thing happened just now, I went into the Audio settings on the TV and changed them to see if the static was still there if I switched to having the sound come JUST from the TV speakers - still had the problem.

HOWEVER - in an attempt to try and narrow down where the problem is, while this static was going on, I turned on my DVD player and turned on a DVD....and the sound was perfect.......so hopefully this might help you determine where the problem really is.

The TV sits up high on my large mantel so it's not like there's been any damage to anything inside.

Thanks

Username: Canuck_cutie

Post Number: 2
To add to my above post, is there are more PERMANENT way to fix this problem, other than having to keep unplugging the TV, that's a real pain in the butt and I don't consider that a longterm solution.

Also - someone suggested elsewhere that I bypass the sound in the TV and run through something else - well I do, my home stereo - so obviously that hasn't helped.

Today when this happened twice within 15 minutes, I was NOT watching SPIKE TV (I rarely watch it). Should I remove SPIKE TV channel from my TV?

What is the longterm solution here? Can't figure out why this just suddenly started 2 days ago.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us