DVR Problems with Comcast--

Username: Tv_guide

Post Number: 2
Is anyone else experiencing circuit board burnouts with their TV set since aquiring DVR service with Comcast recorder boxes? I've been a Comcast customer for years with out significant problems. But, 7 months ago, I switched from their regular digital set-top box to their digital DVR box. Now, my one year old top-of-the-line Hatachi LCD flat screen HDTV has had to be factory repaired twice due to circuit board failures. I have owned reliable Hatachi TV's for years without any problems. In fact I have 3 others in my household that have never had a malfuntion. It seems unlikely to me that Hatachi has given me a lemon. Rather, I think that the Comcast DVR is involved. Reason? Comcast admits that they are aware of several problems with their DVR box. Problems like loosing the sound, randomly changing stations, and shakey picture, and some other peculularities. Comcast thinks these are mostly brought on by the user turning off the DVR box. A Comcast technician told me that the fix for the shakey picure and loss of sound problem I was experiencing, was to never turn off their DVR set-top box! Well, I followed this instruction and behold, my HDTV began to have these circuit board problems. Is there a connection? I think that the DVR being on and the TV off is part of the cause?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us