DELL

Username: Johnz

Post Number: 1
Any thoughts or input on a Dell W5001C....Im thinking of buying one...its a 50 inch plasma.

Post Number: 2
never mind i found out.....

Username: Memo69

Post Number: 1
What did you find out? Am also interested.

Post Number: 3
It did not get a good review....source..www..pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1937762,00.asp....The Dell W5001C 50-inch High Definition Plasma ($3,799 list) represents the company's first foray into 50-inch territory. Unfortunately, the results were disappointing. Image quality with most analog sources was noisy, and all inputs introduced color errors and other artifacts into video containing dark scenes. Worst of all, HD video viewed via component input or HDMI produced a picture that was vertically squeezed, resulting in flattened imagery. The W5001C offers above-average audio quality for a TV, but we've seen better deals on similarly sized plasmas that deliver the picture quality you'd expect from a high-definition display

Post Number: 2
Thanks. Which one do you like so far? What do you think of the LG 50PC1DR?

Post Number: 4
Ive been looking at the HP PL5060N...but im still looking around, since im new to all this...havent read up on the LG yet..how about you??

Post Number: 3
I've read postings on this site about the 50PC1DR. I've also seen it at Best Buy for under $3000. The PQ was great! I've looked at PCWorld, PCMag and Cnet and neither have done reviews. According to Plasma TV Buying Guide, LG is one of a few companies to make the glass and all of it's inside components. They also offer a 2 year limited warranty on their plasmas. Not sure if anyone else offers as much. Since I'm not in a hurry to purchase, I want to keep my ears open for anything and everything about this and any other 50" Plasmas. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us