LG RH 188 - Record Blocking Signals

Username: Mambo

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I am seeing a record blocking signal error message when I try to record certain programs on SKY like 24 and Saxondale. The recording stops part way through because "record blocking signals are detected" I gather this is some sort of copyright protection used by the broadcasters, but is there any way to get around it, as it's making my DVD recorder a bit redundant... Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2933
You can try a stabilizer which may or may not work, or you can use a time base corrector, but they are expensive.

Post Number: 2
I'm really sorry for my ignorance, but what's a stabilizer and what is a base connector. I just tried to find one online, but couldn't. Could you perhaps send me a link to a site that sells them. Sorry to trouble you with what is probably a basic question, but I'm really new to this.

Thanks as always.

M

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2937
Ebay is probably the best place to get a stabilizer, but it may or may not work. I'm guessing you're in UK, I don't know where to get anything there. Look for Sima or GoDVD. Time base correctors start at about $200 US, you might be able to get one cheaper on ebay.

Post Number: 3
Thanks David, I am in the UK & I'll have a look around now.

Really appreciate your help.

All the best

M

Username: Cholah

UK

Post Number: 1
hi Marcus. did you get this sorted. I also live in UK and am having the same problem with my LG.

Post Number: 5
Hi Alex,

I've had no joy so far, tried a Sonel Stabilizer but with no joy. Record blocking still detected. Just bought another stabilizer type product which I will experiment with this evening and let you know what happens. It's a nightmare. Do you have a normal terestrial aerial where you are? I only have satelite, so not sure if the problem happens when you just record from an analog aerial? If you discover anything, please let me know. Thanks.

UK

Post Number: 2
Hi. there is a product that I saw on the line. I sent these people an email and they told me that it works for both satelite and protected DVDs. I have the link in my other email which I can not access from here. Will send you the link when I get back home on Thursday. Thanks for ur reply...

Post Number: 6
Tried the new product out and it worked like a dream. I've not been able to record one episode of Extras and it recorded it without stopping. Very simple device called a copymate (grey box with its own power lead - bought on ebay). Has two scart sockets (an in and and out). You plug Sky into the AV In and the recorder into the AV Out and the box itself removes the macrovision before it hits your DVD recorder. Very very nifty and worked 100%. I now feel like I've got my DVD recorder back - hurrah! Good Luck.

UK

Post Number: 3
Hi. Thats gr8. How much did you get it on ebay? The one that I was talking of last time was this one http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html. A bit expensive though and its from America. Will search one like urs on ebay. Thank you so much for ur help.

Post Number: 7
No problem. It was about £40 in the end. Hope you get something to work for you...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us