DVD Recorder plug in using HDMI

Username: Rnico

Post Number: 1
Hi

I'm having some trouble with my connections...

I have a HD tv Philips 26" 26PF5320 with HDMI input.
Adelphia HD cable box (No HDMI there) and
DVD Recorder (Philips DVDR3400) with HDMI output.

The setting is the following:
Antenna is plugged to the tv through DVD Recorder through Cable receiver.
Component (PR, Y, PB & Audio L R) from the Cable receiver to the TV.
HDMI is between DVD Recorder and TV. (as it is my only option there...)

The trouble is this:
if I select TV source from my TV, I see everything in good format (but not in HD. I guess that's normal cause it's directly from the antenna signal). So I can change the format of the screen as I want (4:3, 14:9, 16:9 etc)

if I select CVI-1 (SD/HD) (the source from where the component are plugged, the ones familiar with the Philips TV must know what I'm talking about...), I see perfectly the HD channels, but every other channels are presented in widescreen (and I CANNOT change the format of the screen so the image is compressed)

if I select HDMI, (it only works if the DVD recorder is on) that's the worse: EVERYTHING is compressed... every channels from the tv (HD channels included) are compressed. and if I put a DVD, same thing the image is compressed. And again, I can't change the different format from the tv (4:3, 14:9...)

The DVD Recorder has 16:9 setup with 480p, I tried changing that to 480i, 576p, 576i but it always says that my tv doesn't support those resolutions...

So I'm kinda lost in all of these... Actually I can watch every channels (Tv input for everything NON HD and CV1 for everything HD), but how can I record? Or even watch a DVD?? I could always plug the DVDR with component to the tv, but what's the HDMI for then???

Thanx a lot for any suggestions...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us