Pioneer PDP-5070/71HD vs. Panasonic TH-50PX60U

Username: Mmortll

Los Angeles, CA United States

Post Number: 1
Greetings All-

Apologies if this thread was elsewhere for these latest models. Have narrowed it down to these two sets and am looking for advice on which one to buy. Naturally the Pioneer is more expensive and to me more visually attractive, but the positive word on the Panasonics seems quite high. Will be wall mounted, and wired to/with Onkyo TX-SR603X receiver, Bose CineMate speakers, DirecTV HD DVR (assuming available) for this smaller room I am setting up. If I were to go with a monitor instead of a unit with a tuner, any suggestions in the 50" plasma category?

Any and all comments/help appreciated.

Many thanks

Username: Cleveland_plasma

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 2
The true comparision would be the Pioneer PDP-5070HD and the Panasonic TH-50PX600U. I would not buy a 60U personally because of the speaker on the bottom, however the 600U is pretty sweet.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaday

SC

Post Number: 14
Yeah, I would say that overall the Pioneer has alittle better picture, but the one display I've worked with at my store has only been on display for a month or so and already has a pixel out on it. Can't say that the Pioneer isn't reliable, just saying what I've personally seen.

Bronze Member
Username: Angel_l

Miami, FL. USA

Post Number: 28
Black laquer finish vs silver plastic.

Bronze Member
Username: Klaussner

Post Number: 24
Personally I find that peoples faces on the Panasonic plasma televisions look fake in some situations. Everyone I have shown it to agrees with me.

Username: Zltech

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 1
I am looking for a part for a 50" NEC or Mitsubishi Plasma screen. Mitsi number PD-5010 and NEC 50mp1. I am looking for the row driver board which is the one on the extreme left from the rear of the panel. This Board,(PDA driver) has a hybrid module on it with power mosfets. Several of which are blown. I need a board from a smashed screen or even just a carefully removed hybrid module.
Thanks for any help given.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us