42" Hitachi Plasma Question

Bronze Member
Username: Sektor

Post Number: 12
Hello,

I am not very TV savy and I don't quite understand everything. Can someone tell me about the following Plasma TV:

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4066386

1.) Will it work if I sit it inside a entertainment system with doors? It will not hang on a wall. Is there a kit I can get to mount it so it will stand up? Will the TV get to hot in closed quarters?

2.) I have HD Service from my local cable provider. ill this work with it? Do I need anything else?

It is a pretty good price. I had to send back a 42" DLP TV because it was faulty and now im weary of getting the same one again. This one is about $200 more than the 42" DLP and im wondering if I should go this route.

If anyone has any info or can answer these questions, I greatly appreciate it.

thx

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 542
I have seen this display and discussed it in detail with a national sales rep for Hitachi.

It is excellent. Yes it can sit inside an entertainment center assuming the dimensions allow it to fit. It does produce some heat so you would want some open ventilation for it. It wont get too hot however; much less heat than a class A amplifier for instance.

It will work with local HD service-- and in fact it is THE BEST DISPLAY for sat/cable HD due to its resolution and ALIS technology.

Bronze Member
Username: Sektor

Post Number: 13
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, it is a tad high and wont fit into my media niche. :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us