DVD Recorder good for editing

Username: Johnny_falcon

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I've just had the TVDrive from telewest installed which contains 2 hard drives for recording programs.

I now want to buy a decent DVD Recorder but would like to edit the dvds before being burnt. I want the ability to remove commercials and extra bits from before and after the recording.

Could anyone suggest a good priced DVD recorder, please. I'm not looking for one with a hard drive, unless this is essential for dvd editing.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2852
You'll need a HD for editing, unless you use RAM or RW in VR mode, which will be incompatible with most players. If any of the material you've recorded on those hard drives is copy protected, you're going to have problems transfering the stuff to a DVD recorder. The same will happen with protected programs recorded straight to the DVD recorder's hard drive.

Username: Johnny_falcon

Post Number: 2
Thank you.

Can you recommend a cheap DVD Recorder with Hard Drive that has good editing features, please?

I'm not looking to record films or copy protected programs, just TV Series that I would want to watch over again. So I would imagine that I wouldn't need a very live hard drive.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2853
I don't use a HD recorder, I edit on a PC. Any HD recorder will let you edit. Toshiba has the best picture quality I've seen. If any of the programs you are wanting to record are copy protected, you won't be able to record them without a stabilizer or time base corrector.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us