I need help with my DVD recorder.

Username: Dolphin975

Post Number: 2
I am getting very frusterated with my DVD recorder!!!! The equipment that I have is a Magnavox MWR10D6 DVD recorder, Comcast Motorola DCT3412 DVR cable box, GE television and a Philips RF modulator. I have it all hooked up and can play DVDs fine, but I am having issues recording, I either get ant wars or just a blank screen, and when I try to record I never get a picture on the screen, only the DVD screen. So, I went out and got an S-video cable hoping that would solve the issue and it hasn't. Can someone please tell me the proper hook up, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2844
Do you have the recorder set on whatever input you're connecting the box to?

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 143
The DCT 3412 is an all digital STB. I've never seen one personally but if it indeed has an S-Video output the hookup should be simple.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 3
I have the S-video cable going out from my recorder in to the dvr cable box, but that didnt work either. I am not sure what you mean by the channel of the connecting box? Do you mean the cable box?

Post Number: 4
And if you do mean the channel on the cable box, how would I then record from my dvr list?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2845
I mean the DVD recorder, it needs to be set on whatever input you connected the box to.

Post Number: 5
Yes it is set to the right channel. I must have it hooked up wrong somewhere. Like I said before it plays DVDs fine, just can't seem to get it to record. I am so technologically illiterate, it isn't even funny.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2847
You're going to have to tell how it's connected. It shouldn't be on a channel, it should be on line 1, line 2, whatever the box is connected to.

Post Number: 6
Ok, so first I have a 3-way splitter. One cable from wall to splitter, another from splitter to RF IN on cable box, another from splitter to RF modulator out to TV, and last from RF modulator to RF OUT on cable box. I have the audio cable going out from DVD recorder to the RF modulator. the S-Video cable is going out to the DVR cable box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2849
The s-video should go to the in on the DVD recorder, along with the audio cables, then you need to set the DVD on whatever input they are connected to.

Username: Bendo

Xaghra, Gozo Malta

David, I opened a thread about prob lem in timer programming, but I got no help. I see that my complaint is related to this thread. I have a Scart connection from digibox (VCR/AUX) to AV 2 in DVD. Another from digiboxTV to TV Scart 1. DVD Scart 1 to TVscart 1. I have an RF cable from digibox to DVD. When I Programme the digibox timer, then press EXT LINK button on DVD, it starts recording immediately, though I had programmed for the following day. The DVD doesn`t recognize the digibox channels. It auto-memorised only the TV terrestrial channels. Where am I wrong? Please, help me, `cause Panasonic didn`t answer my email.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2869
I don't know anything about Digibox, we don't use them in the U.S.

Username: Bendo

Xaghra, Gozo Malta

Thank you David for answering my post. By digibox I meant any set top box. It is a digital receiver for cable TV. This DMR EH55 is brand new. When I pressed the set-up button, it automatically memorized the TV`s terrestrial channels (analogue). Could be I didn`t put the DVD on the same input/output AV from the set top box. Now, have I made myself clear? Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: George12

Post Number: 26
hello does anybody uses the sima ct2 go dvd? is it worht it? i plan to buy it so i can use it with sony dvd direct recorder. (stand alone) any info. will be apreciated. thanks

Username: Uncle_stuffy

Post Number: 1
I am also having a problem. I need to know how to hook up my Sanyo DVD player to my Magnavox DVD rcorder in order to copy my NON copy protected DVD's

any help??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2899
RCAs or s-video out of the player to the in on the recorder and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If using s-video, you still need RCAs for audio.

Ok, got it. Thanks. Is there any way I will be able to view dvd as it is playing and being recorded?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2901
If the TV is connected to the recorder, you can see what's recording.

Any body tell me how to hook my VCR to my DVD recorder so I can record family vieos? I have plugged my connections to the recorder into the line in/ant. in jack.The only thing is thatI don't seem to be able to record. Help

Gold Member

Post Number: 2960
Connect RCAs from the VCR out to one of the inputs on the recorder and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If there isn't an input button on the remote, go through the channels until you get to the right input.

Post Number: 4
Don't have any RCA's on VCR.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2963
All VCRs have RCA inputs/outputs, always have.

Post Number: 5
Sorry, I'm an idiot. LOL Yes I do have RCA's and I have figured it out. No problems now.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us