JVC HD-ILA - Good Experiences?

Username: Eikonal

Post Number: 2
All,

I am looking to get a new generation JVC this fall but all I see is mostly negative experiences with the JVC HD-ILA sets. I think that it would be interesting (and reassuring) to see some good reports of those who are happy with their JVC.

Anyone???

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 29
I am very happy with my TV. I had a first-generation set and had problems, no question. I had a couple of light engine replacements but JVC was quite quick and efficient about it. I had that set about a year. At that time I got the new generation and it has been a wonderful TV. No problems at all.

Any time a new technology comes out, there are bound to be problems. What you need to do is look at the company and see if they are taking care of their customers. In my case, the answer is a resounding yes.

You also need to look at the next generation of the technology and see if the problems reported with the first generation are being fixed. If you look at these threads, you will note fewer and fewer problems. You will also note that most light engine problems are with the first generation sets almost exclusively. We will also note an extremely reduced number of reported lamp failures. That tells me that JVC has addressed and fixed many of the problems.

Another caution I would pass on is that the people that post our here are the ones that have had problems, generally speaking. The customers that have not had problems are not going out to bulletin boards to post their good experiences. So, you're getting a biased report from the start.

I will be accused of being an employee of JVC or on their payroll, etc. by the belly-achers out here. But, take their feedback with a grain of salt. They have an ax to grind. And, I can't blame them totally. They have had a problem with a very large purchase. And, in some way JVC fell short of their expectations. All I can tell you is that in my experience, JVC has been the best company I've ever dealt with regarding the issues with my first set.

Good luck with your decision.

Bronze Member
Username: Scherrman

Post Number: 14
I am a dealer of JVC and I have not had many problems at all with their televisions. I can only recall one customer that had a bulb burn out. I love their line of both HD-DILA and LCD tv's. Can't wait to get the new 46" LCD tv's in.

Username: Ukwomble

Post Number: 2
Thats funny. Have you read the thread below?

Your customers are probably calling JVC...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/176314.html

I just added my own experience on the end of that.

Yes, the picture is great. I loved the set.

Until the bulb blew after ~10 months of ~3hr / day usage. Somewhat short of JVC's advertised 6000 hour life. They will replace this bulb (uf they ever get around to calling me back).

What worries me is what happens when the warranty is up.

If you *must* buy one, get an extended warranty that covers lamps. Even then, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy it.

I wish I'd found this (and other) forums before making my purchase decision.

Bronze Member
Username: Crashnash

Post Number: 23
TJ--I am in exactly the same status as you. JVC sent me a replacement bulb. On July 28, I received my replacement lamp from JVC. This was four days after I had called the JVC Customer Center. I purchased my TV in Nov 05 and had about 600-900 hours on the clock when the lamp blew. I like you am worried about out of pocket expenses for replacement lamps once I am outside the 1 Year New Set Warranty Period. If you will visit the "JVC D-ILA VERY Short Bulb life" Thread here in ecoustics---you will find information about a potential class action against JVC.

Eikonal--as an owner of a 56" JVC, I would definitely not purchase a rear projection set, unless you get a lamp gaureentee outside the normal 1 Year new set warranty. After reading numrous posts in here, it is my opinion that the lamps are not living up to the reliability and durability claims of the manufactures of these TVs. These rumors about new lamp technology in my opinion are just myths, if not, why would the replacement lamps they send you only carry a 90 Day Warranty. If the manufactures truely believe they have a better lamp now--back it up with a longer then 90 day warranty.

CrashNash
Crashnash
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us