No options for me?

Bronze Member
Username: Thecigaretteman

Post Number: 14
Last week i picked up a Mitsubishi HDTV,its a bit older but i got it for practically nothing,the model im not so sure of,it looks just like the WS-65611 but its a 50 inch,not 65.

The problem im having is probably a simple answer,but as of now i cant seem to find a solution,i cant get any other option besides 480i,even when i try to choose the 790i (i think thats what it was ) it still stays on 480i,im guessing its due to the coax cable hooked into the TV (only option the cable box has),now in the back of the TV there is only one set of plugs that allow the 1080i (component),and thats where i have the DVD player hooked into,but still i can only get 480i even on the DVD player,is it because i have only the 3 cable component cables and not 5 or is the DVD player just out of date?

Bottom line is the TV looks good but i know it can look better,i just need to get out of this 480i mode and have no idea how,i am upgrading my cable to the HD service,is that all i need to fix the problem? Will a TV only run in 480i with coax? If so,why can i still not change it with the DVD player?

I went to best buy and the guys there didnt really know what they were talking about,but i know a lot of poeple on here are great at this stuff,if anyone could help i would apreciate it,its just kind of bugging me right now.

Username: Somerset

Post Number: 4
1. coax cable directly out from the wall is 480i, unless you have HD service and run it through a HD tuner.

2. Is your DVD player "Progressive Scan"? If not, it is 480i.

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 60
plug your address and zip into www.antennaweb.org and see what is available from local broadcasters "over the air" (OTA).

If they are close, then hook a simple TV antenna to the built in ATSC tuner (the WS-65611 is supposed to have one ??? ) and through the setup menu, scan for digital channels.

by now, all of the major TV networks broadcast HD digital TV for their evening line-ups (very little HD during the day) and folks forget that it is still available free without cable or satelite fees.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us