Video from computer will not display on TV

Username: Kcitti

Post Number: 1
I have hooked up my laptop to my television using an S cable. Everything displays fine, EXCEPT when I try to play a video using WinMedia Player or VLC media player. I am able to view streaming media content directly from a website (espn motion etc.), but when I play a video on either player noted above, it plays on the laptop screen, but just shows a blank player on the TV. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 16
I have the same problem...

I connect my laptop to the TV via S-video, and I can use the Tv as a monitor; everything shows. I can also play a variety of streaming video formats without trouble, EXCEPT windows media videos.

All WMV is clear as day on my laptop but blank on the TV; even tried playing the WMV files through winamp - still blank.

I've done lots of searching on google and nothing.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 20
Ok, I finally got it working. Thought I would list what I did to fix it...
Basically, my graphics card wasn't properly installed. I went to the driver folder on the C-drive and selected ATI.exe to install it again. Installed it.
Right clicked in desktop, selected PROPERTIES. Clicked in SETTINGS; clicked on ADVANCED; clicked on DISPLAYS. The TV icon (finally!!!!) showed up! Selected the TV and my laptop screen went black and TV screen had images including all video.
To get back to PC screen I repeated the above and reselected PC screen...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us