Need help with new projector set-up...

Username: Mslbebiz

Post Number: 1
Hi

I currently have a rear projector TV and a more than ample 5.1 surround sound system in my living room, but am looking to enter the world of projectors and 100" screens. I love watching movies too much not to :-)

Only thing is, I don't know where to start. There's a few problems I'm facing that I'm hoping you all can help me with:

My living room is OK for brightness and I'd love to see a projector in the room, but because the room is about 19' long and has 14' ceilings, I'd want to oput the projector on the back wall on a shelf, instead of the ceiling.

Any problems mounting it that way, and anything I should take into consideration because of the distance from the screen?

I need the set-up to work when I move too, because I'll be buying a house in the not too distant future and will set-up a dedicated HT room that most likely won't be anywhere near the size of my current large living room.

Also, that brings me to something else - where do I put my receiver/DVD player/etc in the room as it's currently in an AV rack near my current rear projection TV? Do you just buy a lot of wiring to run the distance?

This set-up will be used for roughly equal movies to digital cable viewing, and occasional X-box or PS2.

With that said, I'm seriously considering buying at least the projector (if not the screen too) from Costo as they have awesome prices and a great return policy. They have a pretty good selection here:

http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BCCA&topnav=&cat=2342&hierP ath=79*&Browse=

Any recommendations from that inventory for my needs? Things to avoid, etc?

Your help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Michael
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us