Cambridge Audio DVD87 and MP3

Username: Jsbach

Post Number: 5
Hi all! I just got a DVD87 player from Cambridge.
The device is really good overall, but it came as a suprise to me that it does not read MP3-discs. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Username: Rahjmahid

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 1
Same here! I like the unit, and it's one of the few that play both PAL and NTSC but it won't play my MP3 CDs. Sometimes I see the file folders on the TV screen, but it won't play. Maybe I'm missing something -- too bad I have to return it.

Username: Jsbach

Post Number: 8
I've finally managed to find an unlock for the MP3 playback. Just have a look over here
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2679333&postcount=1

Username: Rahjmahid

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 2
Great find, JS! It works like a charm.

That said, as much as I like the Cambridge's overall performance and ability to handle NTSC & PAL, I did a little research and came up with a Yamaha DVD-S657 that natively playes both formats as well as all audio/video formats as does the Cam. It also has a number of bells & whistles that one expects of Japanese makes. I've been putting it through its paces and must say it seems to perform at least as well as the Cambridge (on my KEF 107s, Panny 42" plasma) and cost me $100 US less.

I now have both units for the weekend, and unless the Cambridge does something to convince me it does anything better than the Yamaha, the former will be returned on Monday.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us