Help choosing a 32" lcd w/dvd player?

Username: Jwilliams

Post Number: 1
I'm shopping for a 32" lcd w/dvd player, that is easy to set up with, of course, good picture and sound and preferably with a remote that is useful in dim lighting conditions. Problem is, I don't know what "specs" I should be focusing on... i.e., I see numbers listed re: native resolution/pixels but don't know what "good" numbers are (and if/what difference is between the two?), pull down compensation, connectivity - composite video? S-video? what do I really need to connect to Direct TV in the best manner possible and provide for future growth if/when I want it? I'm sure I'm not thinking of some other things, but I thought I'd try to compile a short list of "make sure it has...items," so I don't feel so lost when I'm out shopping. Please?

Bronze Member
Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 58
1st, by all means, use HDMI or DVI for your video connections. If I were you I'd go to c|net and view their TV selection page. They help you know what to look for. I'd avoid any HDTV w/ a dvd player built into it. If it breaks, it's in your TV.

Keith
http://www.eHDMI.com

Bronze Member
Username: Reggie_miller

Post Number: 88
Never buy anything combo, i.e. TV with DVD or VCR. Like Kenneth said if it breaks, it stays on with the TV. Ventilation on the combo untils are not that good, so it gets pretty hot in there. Also qualities are not as good as if you were to buy them individually.

Username: Elbb96

Post Number: 2
hy any one know how to program adelphia remotes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us