Digital Coaxial Cable Question

Username: Chloesis

Post Number: 1
I managed to cut the cable that runs from the outside cable hook-up to the digital HD receiver in my house. It will be easy enough to replace, but I need to know if there is a difference in coaxial cable. i.e.: Does digital HD cable need a special coaxial line, or just the standard stuff I can purchase at Home Depot?
Thanks!

Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 3
I could be wrong, but standard coax cable can be used. The only difference is the information travelling through the cable (digital/HD, or standard definition). I think coax cable is coax cable, basically.

Username: Apollox

I have a Fusion 3 HDTV Gold QAM version video card and it only receives broadcasts throught coax for both cable and over air, my cable box separates the HD buy component output for video and rca for audio. How can I convert the component output from the cable box to coax input on the Fusion card???

Ed Palmieri
Unregistered guest
I also need coax input (to a Hauppage card) and have a Time Warner box with component video (Time Warner) output. How do I convert component video to coax input for the card?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I haven't found anything that can convert component video to (rf)coax, but if the back of your TW box has an unused s-video out or even a component video (yellow rca-type) out, then you can convert this to a coax cable.

If so, something like this might help...

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-2525

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Sorry, just a another quick thought... there might be PC cards that support HD, and if so, they should have component or "IEEE 1394" (is that right?) inputs, seeing how HD requires these types of connections. As Sol Rosenberg once said,"Maybe, just maybe....you never know; you never, never know".

Username: Kenj

Leawood, KS USA

I want to be able to surf the web while receiving HDTV signal from a Time Warner HD cable box, additionally, I want to record programs/movies to both a hard drive and burn to DVD.
I am having trouble with figuring out the configuration to do this. Should I use the Aquos tuners or get a HD tuner for my computer... and since I need the HD cable box for premium channels will these pass thru in HD? Any help is appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have an HDTV and am trying to configure a 'media closet'. The only runs I've heard of are coax. Is there a way to keep my HD signals while having a central closet? I've thought about running component cables and sound in addition to the coax, but this is getting to be a bit much.

Any ideas?

Username: Alainmichel

Post Number: 2
Amanda,

Just make sure that the replacement coax cable is "RG/6, 75 OHM" and can handle frequencies up to 3,000 MHZ. That's what mine says on the cable
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us