Toshiba 50hp16 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - Comments & Thoughts

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 963
Hello All,

OK, I'm straying from audio into the video section for the first time. Am about to purchase and take home this Toshiba Plasma, anyone have any good comments, bad comments, ugly comments, set-up help, problems, praise or premises involving this puppy.

Costco's sale just ended so it's mine unless I choose to return it, which I really don't want to do unless everyone calls it junk.

As usual, thanks for your comments. Dave.

Silver Member

Post Number: 968
Is Pioneer the only plasma manufacturer you folks know anything about?

Anyone have any experience with this Toshiba or any Toshiba plasma?

Thanks, Dave.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 495
Toshiba as a quality plasma product is a relatively new entry in the field. Many folks are pleased with their recent toshiba purchases.

If you visit avsforum.com and click on their plasma section, you will find a Toshiba oweners thread which should allow you to quickly achieve a good bit of knowledge about your display.

Costco is ALWAYS the smartest bet for plasmas if the buyer is OK with the PQ of the product. Their return policy is the ultimate safe bet for dealing with any plasma QA issues period.

I prefer other brands myself but so what? Toshiba to me rates above many brands including Maxent, Dell, Gateway, Vizio and LG. I give Toshiba a slight nod over Samsung as well due to QA issues on the Samsung side.

In general, I Put Panasonic, Pioneer, Hiatchi, and Fujitsu above Toshiba. HP plasmas are true Panasonic panels INCLUDING electronics BTW.

My opinions only.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 234
Marc has hit the nail on the head!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
Marc,

Thanks for the comments. I gave up and went back to audio there for awhile. I'll take a look at the avs thread. Thanks, Dave.

Username: Jakester55

Post Number: 1
anybody has a solution to get rid of a ghost in all the analog stations,its not the cable,they already checked it out,and it is not the 50" plasma tv,because I exchanged it it for another brand thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us