New TV what should I Buy

Bronze Member
Username: Theoilslick

VernonCanada

Post Number: 12
I am going to get a phat tax return at the end of the month and conveniently it is time for a snappy new TV. My problem, not nessisarly what brand to buy, but what kind. We are planning to spend about $1200 - $1400. We do not know if we should buy DLP, Plasma, or LCD. We play a few video games here and there but the majority of the time we are just going to use it to watch DVD's and T.V., TV being the primary use. I am really not sure on how big, if we go LCD, i imagine 30 -32", if plasma 42" like everybody else on the planet and if we go with DLP I have noticed 42 - 46" would be more then enough. So before I pick a brand I need to know the concencious on what product would suite me.
Anybody that has some insite please go ahead, as I am really eager to hear what you have to say about the different products on the market.

ps, I plan to own this one for the next ten years.

Username: Tk4111

Post Number: 1
Don't buy a DLP. Its only advantage is no burn-in. They have low light and are easily washed out in a light room. Then there are the lamp problems, particularly for Toshiba. Toshiba is installing crap lamps right now resulting in 10 to 200 hour life. Add to this poor service.

Bronze Member
Username: Theoilslick

VernonCanada

Post Number: 13
don't buy any DLP or just toshiba

Username: Gilly

Post Number: 1
Hi have a Samsung HL-S4666W DLP. It is awesome. I did a lot of research online and in stores before buying the tv and found it to be the best quality for the price. I got mine for less than 1300 at Amazon. This is the new model line from Samsung and they've improved over last years HLR model greatly. I have had the tv for a few weeks and the picture is outstanding. I have tried it on a variety of sources including my PC and all are excelent. The brightness and color, even in bright light are good, and it has excellent features. The built in HD tuner is a plus as I am able to receive terrestrial HD in washington, DC. There seems to be no lag in game play either. I have been playing F.E.A.R. on the TV through my PC and haven't noticed any lag. The TV is also pretty thin, maybe 16-18" deep. I can pick it up and move it by myself. I would highly recommend Samsung DLP or LCD projection TVs. It does concern me that I will have to eventually pay to replace the bulb, but I figure that by the time that happens, the cost of the bulbs will also have decreased. Samsung will replace your bulb within the first year 1 time if it burns out. Buy it with your Visa and get and extra year of warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us