DoDVD duplicator CT-200 Not seeing picture and blank recording

Username: Lkabong

Post Number: 1
Hey folks , I sure hope someone can help me here.
I am trying to back up some DVD movies and VCR Tapes, some copy protected and others not.
I have as a player unit a combo DVD/VCR (Goldstar) unit and in the back there is a S- video OUT that is ONLY for the DVD. I use the S-vid out and run connection to the CT-200 line in then connect the other end of the CT-200 S-vid line out to the recording unit which is a combo unit as well (Zenith model XBR413) and records VCR/DVD. The only line in is in the font of the recording unit which has a S-Video line in and that's where I connected the CT-200 from the audio I connected directly from the player VCR/DVD combo to the recording unit combo.
I get sound but NO Picture. The picture is NOT "snowy" it's just solid color. I believe the cables are working because if I cycle though the Enhance mode options I get to one that shows 7 color bars vertically and this is the only time I see anything at all. I tried to just record something while a movie is playing but playing back a 5 min recording shows a blank screne.

If I use the composite cable instead of the S- vid connection I get a message on the recording TV monitor that says "Progressive scan mode" and if I cycle though the enhancement options I can see the color back round change each time and again can see the pretty color bars....but no friggin video!
The CT-200 Indicator light is never solid I can get a blinking green or Orange (looks red to me though)
Is there someting I am doing wrong, is it the recorder, is it something I forgot to do??

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2714
Is the recorder set to line? The play DVD can't be on progressive, neither can the recorder unless you've got a digital TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us