Magnavox model # MS3252S

Username: Calebson

Post Number: 1
I have a Magnavox Ms3252S 431 that I have owned for a little over two years. A couple of weeks ago it became hard to turn on. At first it would just have a screen full of 'squigglies' and you could almost see the picture. It generally would take me about 15 to 20 minutes to "warm it up?" before it would stay on. This happened every time. A couple of days ago, it started changing channels and increasing/lowering the volume ALL BY ITSELF!! Now, it won't turn on at all. Does anyone know if this is even repairable or just good enough to throw away since the warranty expired two months ago (coincidence???)..Any help is appreciated

Username: Rvz22

Post Number: 1
Sad to say the exact same thing happened to us. Just past the two year warranty. I will see if it can be repaired and let you know. Please share your result if you've had someone look at yours already.

Thanks!

Username: Calebson

Post Number: 3
I ended up just throwing my TV away. I was Told it would be cheaper to just buy another one..let me know how it goes....good luck

Username: Rvz22

Post Number: 2
Did some research on this. Appears this was a common problem with this model. Some suspected cold solder joints from manufacturing. Cost to fix this problem appeared prohibitive so we ended up tossing ours in the trash as well. Magnavox/Philips was totally unresponsive to any inquiries about this model.

Ray
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us