Taping HBO On Demand

Username: Nortynorty

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Number: 10
I thought I had read on either this or other forum that On Demand programs cannot be taped. I recently got HBO On Demand and wanted to tape several of the earlier episodes of the Sopranos for my son who will be visiting from out of town. However, it would not tape. The picture when watching is fine, but the tape is very poor quality...basically unwatchable. I'm not sure I understand why. The cable signal comes from the wall to the STB->VCR->TV. Why would the signal be clean when going through the VCR to the TV but not when you are recording? At first I thought it was my tape as I had used a very old tape. I then purchased a new pack of tapes...the VCR too is only months old. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2703
You should connect the box to the VCR with RCAs instead of coax. You'll need to set the VCR to line to record.

Bronze Member
Username: Nortynorty

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Number: 13
I tried that and have the same result. I then tried this. Put on an HBO On Demand program, clear as day...pressed record on the vcr...picture deteriorated...pressed stop...picture cleared. Then tried the same thing with a regular HBO program. Picture remained clear the entire time. I don't get it.

Username: Syberkriminal

Post Number: 1
On Demand programming has recording encryption so that you cannot record. I work for a cable company and VOD is my job. This copy protection just recently became a manate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us