Cable Box, or not

Username: Bob_j

Post Number: 1
I'll be buying a Sony 26" LCD for mounting above the mantle in the bedroom. There isn't a suitable place for the Comcast digital cable box. I understand the loss of features with a cablecard and would like those features on the tv, so I think I need the box. The electrician is working in the bedroom and I need to give him some direction. Question: Is there a way to hide the cable box out of view (in a closet) and still get the signal from the remote to the box? Any other suggestions? Thanks much.

Bronze Member
Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 25
Bob, you can get an remote IR emitter and a sensor. That way you can put the cablebox in a closet or anywhere you want to out of site. Go to this website (http://www.hometech.com/) call them up and tell them what you are wanting to do.
They have what you need.

JF

Username: Bob_j

Post Number: 2
Thank you very much. I'll give them a call.

Username: Srewick

Post Number: 1
I have comcast cable and am trying to connect DVI to HDMI. Seems like that part went relatively easy. The part that is killing me is that I cannot seem to connect my audio (tried on both of my plasmas -- have a new Phillips and a new ProView). Is there a secret here? I thought it was as easy as red/white to red/white. What am i missing!? Thanks in advance for any help that is offered!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us