DVD+R vs. DVD-R Discs

Bronze Member
Username: Bkoz

Post Number: 49
I'm very confused on what the difference is between DVD+R discs and DVD-R Discs. What is the diffrence? Please Help!!:-) Thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2677
Basically they're just different formats. Almost all PC burners do both. Some standalones do both, some do one or the other. DVD-R used to have slightly better compatibility with players. New players should do both.

Username: Spurbird56

EssexEngland

Post Number: 1
I am copying from sky+ to Maxell dvd+r on a Daewoo dvd recorder + vhs DF-4100P. Normally they will copy ok but on occasions after a day or so without finalising a message will say that the disc is empty. I have tried to record again on to the disc and an error message comes up with an error on the disc. This is really frustrating as I'm losing all my fav programmes! It seemes vhs was easier at least you did not lose the recordings......help!
David can you please assist me?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3149
I'd guess you've either got a faulty recorder or poor quality discs. I've never used Maxell discs, so I don't know if they're any good or not. The discs should be readable weeks later.

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 93
Maxell media is good, I never had a problem with them. Take back the unit and buy the $99 buck deal at Wal-Mart SV2000
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us