TV NO SOUND

Username: Starlabella

Post Number: 1
Hello,
Much like some other people on here, i have a question about my tv. Its an RCA purchased just this last november. The sound works when i use the dvd player, the picture is fine even when just in regular tv mode (i have cable tv) but there is no sound when just watching tv. i dont understand this. i even got new red/white/yellow cords- didnt help. the cable tech didnt even understand it. Any ideas??
Thank you!
amandastarla@verizon.net

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 107
It sounds like an internal setting within your cable box. Please post the manufacturer and model of your cable box and perhaps I can help you with the correct settings.

xvxvxvx

Username: Starlabella

Post Number: 2
Thank you for your help- however i do not have a cable box, i just have a very basic cable connection (like 14 channels) basically to make them come in. I really cant figure all this out.....seems rather odd. Thanks a lot tho!

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 113
Amanda,

Now I am really confused. When you mentioned that you purchased a new set of composite RCA connection cables I had to assume that you were connecting these to a cable box. What device are you possibly connecting these cables to that you think might have cured your audio problem?

Don't you just have the coax cable connected directly from the wall outlet to your TV? Is this a problem that just recently began? I think you are leaving out some key information here.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 767
Scoob....it's possible the SAP is turned on, but I'm waiting to hear what is connected like you are

Amanda~ can you verify the path your cable takes to get to your TV?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us