Sanyo DP42746 42" plasma -- any good?

Bronze Member
Username: Grat81

Carbondale, IL USA

Post Number: 78
I am going to be in the market for a new TV within the next month. I have been shopping around for a decent HDTV plasma screen and the best deal I have found so far is the 42" HD plasma Sanyo at Wal-Mart. The model number is: DP42746

My family has always bought Sanyo products and we have been extremely satisfied with their performance and longevity. We currently own two Sanyo Tvs and my first cd player was a sanyo that lasted 12 years before it crapped out on me.

Does anyone know if this plasma Sanyo is decent?
It looked great at the store but maybe there is a better HD plasma out there for 1500 bucks (har har) Lemme know :-) Send me a private message or just post on here. thanks!

-G

Username: Dnank

Post Number: 1
Did you get it? I am considering it, but haven't read any comments from someone who actually has one. Give us a review if you have.

Username: Ddport

Marshall, TX Harrison

We just got it today. We were skeptical because it cost so much less than the other brands. I have to say, it is WELL worth the money and risk. We have never owned a Sanyo product so we were taking a big chance. The TV is awesome. The picture quality cannot be beat, it is so clear. And other reviews said the sound was not that good....we think the sound is fine. The sound is not perfect on any TV but this is fine. We have ours hooked up to the surround sound and we are amazed, just like being in the theatre. I would HIGHLY recommend this TV to everyone. It saves so much money and is well worth it. The warranty says that you have 1 year, and if you ever have any problem, you return it for a NEW one and your one year warranty starts again on the same day you get the new one, that is a deal in itself!

Username: Cyipimp

Santa clara, Ca USA

i got 42" sanyo plasma dp42746 (42" hdtv compatible) for sale $1,100 w/ warranty if youre interested you can contact me at (408)849-3146

Username: Fisch123

i got a DP42746 yesterday. worked fine yesterday. great picture. BUT, today it will not turn on. the green power light comes on - on the bottom right, but the screen remains totally black. any thoughts?

Username: Rod4g

WINTER HAVEN, FL United States

On my second set, buzzing noise fine for a couple months, starting getting worse and worse, SANYO had me return to WALMART, had 1 month okay so far, neighbors doing same thing, Anyone with that problem?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us