Connecting 1 Dish network receiver to 2 tvs??

Username: Steve2386

Post Number: 5
my satellite receiver is connected to the main tv in my house; in my family room. I have another small LCD tv in my den thats next to my family room.

i basically want to connect both tvs to 1 receiver so the same programs show up on both.

So heres what i did:

1) the satellite receiver in my family room is connected via A/V with S-Video to my tv, so i have to put it on whatever input i set it on. The Cable In and TV Set Out aren't being used on my receiver.

2) I have the cable running through my wall in the den to the family room. The tv in the den is connected in the VHF/UHF and i ran that cable to the Cable In in the back of the receiver.

I did that and it wasn't working, and i also tried different sort of cables and still nothing, all i get is "snow". Not sure what else to do?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 501
Q: How do I get the satellite channels on my other TV's?

A: Assuming you have all the rooms connected together with your existing cable wiring, you can connect the satellite receiver "Out to TV" output to any cable jack in the wall. Then when you switch any TV in your house to the appropriate channel, that TV will receive the satellite channel. If you don't have the S-Video, or the Video and Left and Right Audio RCA jacks on the back of the main TV, you can use a two way splitter from the "Out to TV" to connect the main TV and the cable jack in the wall. In this example, all connected TV's will get the same satellite channel.

Post Number: 6
thanks, i will try that

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
You're welcome. Let us know if it works.

Post Number: 7
i just realized that my Satellite receiver is not connected directly to my cable jack in the wall. I also have a Rogers HD terminal connected to my main tv and thats going to my cable jack in the wall, so thats why my satellite receiver is connected via A/V inputs and S-Video. Is there anyway to do it so my Rogers box doesn't have to interfere???

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2791
Just install a simple 2or 4 way SPLITTER onto the output cable (to TV) from your receiver to as many TV's as U want...U can have 10 TV's or more (if U add more splitters to the cables) , all with the same channels if U want..

NOTE...this is the ONLY time U use splitters with satelitte...to add TV's but ONLY with same channels as on other TV's..what U watch on 1 TV , comes on all TV's..

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
Then your best bet is to run a line from your Sat to that LCD tv your wanting to get connected.

When adding splitters to the cable line even with just a two way splitter your going to lose 3db of signal which may impact the reception of the HD terminal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2793
If the receiver is NOT HD, then there is NO true HD anyway!

Post Number: 8
the satellite receiver ain't HD so seems fine, but thanks guys for your help, i am pretty sure i will get it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2803
IF U can plug in an extension cord , then U can add a splitter!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us