What is reasonable repair time under warranty?

Username: Brokenaquos

Post Number: 1
I'm hoping someone can help! My 4 month old Sharp Aquos 26" LCD TV (model LC26D6U) lost it's picture. I bought it at Ken Cranes, a local authorized dealer (not internet) for full blown retail ($1,500). I thought I would receive better service buying from a local store than the internet (and I was wrong).

Sharp USA referred me to a local authorized service center (George Meyers). So far, it has been 3 weeks and no one can even give me an estimate of time on when I can have my TV back. They are awaiting on parts from Sharp. It's tough when a TV is only 3-4 months old and has been in the shop for about 3 weeks.

I have called Sharp 3 times and they have filed my complaint. But no one has gotten back to me. I have called Ken Cranes and have not received any calls back. Sharp can't even say what they would define as a "reasonable" time for repairs. They have declined to replace with a new TV.

The warranty paperwork only says Sharp has the option to repair or replace during warranty period; but doesn't state anything about repair times. In your opinion, how long should I wait before taking this to court? And who do I sue in small claims court - Sharp or Ken Cranes???

Sorry for my rant; and I appreciate any help. It's tough going without TV for 3 weeks!!!! (specially when you just spent $1,500 for a new one!)

Username: Nadeemq

Post Number: 4
hi Howard , it does take time to do repairs on these iterms , i have screens in for repair and alot of the time its finding out what the fault is and then waiting on parts , just keep your head and you sholud be ok
Nadeem

Username: Brokenaquos

Post Number: 2
Thanks Nadeem. To give an update, Sharp has now agreed to replace the TV since they have no idea when parts will be available to do the repairs. I'm still waiting to receive it. It just lost it's picture one day out of the blue.

I'm glad Sharp finally stepped up to the plate. I understand repairs can be lengthy. It's just tough to wait a whole month when you just bought it a few months ago.

Thanks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us