Toshiba SD-K760 anybody?

Bronze Member
Username: Cardaway

Post Number: 12
Purchased this player at Costco, and before opening it, I'm wondering if anybody has one or has opinions on it. I haven't been able to find any reviews.

Username: Johnville77

Kansas City, Missouri US

Post Number: 1
If you have not opened it yet, don't. I also purchased one from Costco today and it was defective. What's more, the construction was shoddy. Cheapo! The holder for the disc is very weak. I bought it because my sony dvd that was 9 years old quit (and wouldn't play my burned cd/dvds). I ended up buying a Sony DVP-NS55P at Radio Shack, and it's great so far. Costco refunded my money. When I hooked the Toshiba up, the logo was spinning and glowing in hideous saturated colors. Don't wast your time on the cheap stuff.

Username: Edgordon007

Shockingly, this model does not show the timings on the CD tracks! I tried two widely different CDs, and all it would show was the track number. The instruction manual glosses over this feature by saying that "some audio/CD/DVD discs will show only the track number". This is not the 19th century. Digital audio/video devices should ALWAYS show the track timing. It probably cost more for Toshiba to leave this feature out than it would have cost for the extra LEDs to include it!

Username: Tzr250

Post Number: 2
just bought a toshiba sd-k760. The price is great for what it's worth $49, especially if you got kids. My son the two year old destroyer can do as he feels and I won't feel too bad with him if he tries to put his peanut and jelly sandwich in the disc tray and closes it behind my back. Nice thing is that it can be configured for multi region with ease via remote control. It is a real cheap-o quality wise but worth every penny. I might buy a couple more as spares.

Username: Wandersw

Hei "ben dix". How did configured this DVD player for multi-region? I'm from Brazil (living in US) and I brought a lot of DVD's from my country that doesn't play in this DVD. Could you give me the step-by-step instructions? Thanks in advance.

Username: Wandersw

Post Number: 2
By the way, my DVD player broked 3 weeks ago, just few days before the warranty expires. I don't know if I'll get any free solution from Toshiba or Costco but I'm just waiting their answer about the matter. I'm open to suggestions...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us