DVRHS02 DVD Recorder VCR Combination

Username: Drsam04

Post Number: 1
I came onto the Internet to see if I could find a manual for this machine and came across this forum. Having read all the posts on this machine I have to ask as I am THICK when it comes to anything electrical, is this a difficult thing to use? All I wanted was a replacement VCR machine but thought I'd get 'with it' and got a DVD in addition. Reading all the posts I could regret this.
I just want to play my old tapes, maybe try and transfer a few special ones onto DVD and play DVD's on the rare times I have to watch anything. IS THIS GOING TO BE POSSIBLE??? what have I let myself in for? Warn me now please. Do I need special tapes or DVD's other than the + variety which I know about.........and is there an online manual one can read. I wanted a jump start on the darned thing before it arrives this week. Thanks. Dr. Sam

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2603
You can copy unprotected tapes. Any retail tapes with Macrovision, you won't be able to copy without a seperate VCR and stabilizer. You don't say who the manufacterer is. If you're looking for a manual, go to the manufacterer's website.

Post Number: 2
Hi David.......The tapes are just my personal ones I am sure they'll be fine. Now I am lost at the macrovision and separate VCR and stabilizer. I thought the whole thing was one complete machine and btw it's a Bush. sorry I thought I'd put that on. By the time I download a manual it will be here :-)) I knew I should have just bought a normal VHS recorder but everyone kept telling me to get with the times and get a DVD....I did mean it, I am thick when it comes to this type of stuff and very short on patience. I had hoped to set it up myself but I have a feeling perhaps best not.....thanks for responding and I will do my best to avoid tapes with macrovision!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2605
If the tapes are home recordings, then you can copy them to DVD. It's only retail tapes that can't be copied. You should be able to connect it yourself, it's not very hard. The seperate VCR and stabilizer would only be needed for copy protected retail tapes.

Post Number: 3
Hi again, thanks a lot. I would not be copying bought tapes these are just personal but nice as i could probably fit them all onto a DVD. I keep getting told how much of life I am missing by not having a DVD player so now I have something which seems it is capable of doing everything or I hope it is. As for setting stuff up, sometimes I am fine other times I just find it difficult tuning TV's and getting Video channels set, it is more down to lack of patience than anything else but thanks for the heads up....maybe I will try first if not, I know where to ask for help. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us