Higher res or HDMI input

Username: Thunder3000

Post Number: 1
I am buying an LCD TV for my room. I will be using it to watch TV, play PS2 games and watch DVDs from my PS2.

I also want to connect my PC to the TV. I don't want to use it as a monitor, but I have lots of movies on my computer that I would like to watch on my new LCD TV.

The problem is that some TVs have a higher resolution (1366x768) but only have S-video inputs. Other TVs have lower resolution (960x540) but have HDMI inputs.

The question is: What will give me better picture quality? higher resolution or an HDMI input?

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 47
not to be picky, but I don't believe I have ever seen spec's for a HD TV that has a screen resolution of 1366x768 and does not have component level input (analog). There may be some really cheap off-brand units that don't have DVI or HDMI inputs, or, those inputs are sold as options in the case of some monitors, but any quality unit should have inputs "better" than S-video. Do not get an EDTV, resolution less than HD quality - those are already obsolete dinosaurs.

Go for HD resolution AND at least component plus DVI or HDMI input. The newer quality sets have 2 HDMI inputs and a built in ATSC over-the-air digital tuner so your high resolution inputs are adequate for about any use you can think of.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us