Mitsubishi WD-52525 Problem - power off and green light blinking fast

Username: Bpproct

Post Number: 1
Had my set for about 18 months. Love the picture and have been using cablecard the whole time. Cablecard with Time Warner a whole other story which will force me to set top box, but I sure like the $1.99/month vs. $35/month

Having a strange problem that I am hoping someone can help me with. One day I came down to turn on the tv, but no response from the remote. I looked at the tv, and the green light was blinking fast. I hit the sytem reset butten with my trusty paper clip to reset the tv. After the 30 seconds of green light bliking, light went off (like normal system reset cycle). After that, turned on tv like normal. After about 30 mins of watching, tv picture locked went crazy with colored vertical lines and blocks for about 10 secs, then powered off with green light blinking fast again. Went through the same reset cycle, powered back on and watched for the next hour - no more problems.

The next day, I walked by the set (it was off) and the green light was bliking fast again. So now it seems, after some period of time, even when off, the stinking thing as some some problem which makes that green light blink and it will keep blinking until system reset or unplugged.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Had a 50" rear projection VS-5050 for 6 years before my first problem, so not happy about this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us