Correct way to connect DVR, Cable , VCR, and TV..

Username: Warrentyler

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Equipment: LiteOn LVW-5045 (DVR) http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=790&pageID=1508
JVC (VCR) Older Model no SCable.
Has AV Outputs (Video Out, Audio L/R Out)
Has AV Inputs (Video Out, Audio L/R Out)
Has FR (IN), and RF (Out).
Panasonic (TV) older model no SCable.
Has AV Input (Video Out, Audio L/R Out)
Has RF (IN) , and RF (OUT).

MY Cable (Comcast Digital Plus). 3 TV's, 1 box in den, no boxes in bedrooms.

***The DVR instructions say to run the RF cable from the wall jack into the VCR (RF) (IN), VCR (RF) (OUT) to DVR (RF) (IN) , DVR (RF) (OUT) to TV (RF) (IN). Connect the VCR AV Outputs to DVR AV Input, DVR AV Output to TV AV Input....

**Problem is watching upper TV channels are snowy and have lines running across the picture when viewed thru the DVR.

***Test: 1) Cable from wall jack RF to TV RF (IN) watching TV channels from TV perfect picture on all channels 2-80.

***Test: 2) Cable from wall jack RF to VCR RF (IN), VCR RF (OUT) to TV RF (IN). VCR AV Out to TV AV IN. Perfect picture on all channels whether viewing through VCR or TV.

***Test: 3) Cable from wall jack RF IN to DVR, DVR RD (OUT) to TV RF (IN). DVR AV Out to TV AV IN. Problem with upper channels snowy and lines running through picture on upper channels.

***Test: 4) Cable from wall jack RF IN to VCR, VCR RF (OUT) to DVR RF (IN), DVR RF (OUT) to TV RF (IN). VCR AV (Out) to DVR AV (IN), DVR AV (Out) to TV AV (IN). Watching TV snowy upper channels, watching through VCR perfect picture. Watching through DVR snowy upper channels and lines through picture on upper channels.

***Test: 5) Cable from wall jack RF to DVR RF (IN), DVR RF (OUT) to VCR RF (IN), VCR RF (OUT) to TV RF (IN). DVR AV (OUT) to VCR AV (IN), VCR AV (OUT) to TV AV (IN). TV viewing snowy upper channels. Viewing through VCR, snowy upper channels. Viewing through DVR some snow in upper channels but looks better.

Question: How can I get clear pictures for the upper channels? Cable man came out and replaced the filter at the street and the 3 way splitter at the house. Splitter works as (1) First line is directly to front room. (2) Second line is direct to cable interent access. (3) Third line is split using a new dual splitter they provided at 3.5 HZ one line to digital cable box the other to our bedroom. ***No digital cable box in bedroom. The cable guy explained it has to do with the signal recieved from the different TV stations but I have seen these upper channels clear...What can I do? Do I need to run a new coaxial cable from the splitter to the bedroom and re-test all this and/or do I need a signal booster in the wall in the bedroom or should I shell out $6 month for a digital box in the bedroom?

Or is there another way to set this up to get a clear picture. I have visited a site which suggests a dual splitter on any cable setup, but I couldn't get it to work. Not sure why...

Thanks,

Warren

Post Number: 2
Here is the DVR's hookup drawing.
http://www.liteonamericas.com/us/service/diagram/vcr.pdf

**I don't have a cable box like in the drawing just a TV, DVR, and VCR..

Thanks,

Warren

Post Number: 3
Problem solved!!

The correct hookup is:
1)Cable from wall jack to RF (IN) to DVR.
2)DVR RF (OUT) to VCR RF (IN).
3)VCR RF (OUT) to TV RF (IN).
4)DVR AV (OUT)(Video Out, Audio L/R Out) to TV AV (IN)(Video Out, Audio L/R Out).

Now I have clear channels on the TV, viewing thru the DVR, and viewing thru VCR.

***Issue was incorrect hookup on my part...I was always using the both sets of AV cables from the DVR to VCR etc...This was causing the issue...

Post Number: 4
As a side note, I did send my DVR player back because of a bad TV Tuner. The new one I just received works great!!!

Username: Zookeeperk

Post Number: 1
HELP! We have DirectTV and need to hook up a VCR and DVD through the DTV box. The VCR is currently connected to the DTV feed, and output runs to the DTV box, which then connects to the TV. I've tried connecting the DVD with an S cable to both the DTV box, and also to the TV...neither way worked. Any suggestions? Before DTV, I had the DVD connected to the TV with the red/yellow/white cables connected from the VCR to the DVD. But that didn't work either with the DTV box. Thanks for any help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us