Samsung 850 or something else?

Username: Gmanchefboy

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 1
I would really appreciate some help in deciding which DVD player would be best for my system. I have a Panasonic HD CRT which does not have HDMI or DVI, so I'm limited to component hookups. I'm also anxiously awaiting arrival of my HK-335 ($295 Harmon Audio auction). I've been going over the thread titled -Upconvert player over component- (just a few threads prior to this one at this time} and was trying to decide if that was the way to go. Unfortunatley, some of the reviews I've read on the Samsungs ,e.g. S@V, CNET, aren't very positive as to the Sam's picture quality. Since it seems all future HD-DVD players will utilize HDMI, which I don't have, I'm wondering if I should hurry and get the upconverting via component Samsung, just get a high quality Progressive Scan or if there's another component upconverting DVD out there. I also want SACD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 104
Here is a link that will help you decide, based on your component input limitations. The Panasonic 77 or 97 are great performers and will future proof your system for a very resonable price. Stay away from Oppo Digital if you need 480p via component output.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=all

Hope this helps!

"His and Her Room!"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us