HDTV Over the air antenna...problems....

Username: Blackolds98

Post Number: 3
am also new to the HD game...currently have a 51" Sony projection and HDTV receiver thru DirecTv. I recently purchased an off air antenna (Radioshack amplified Indoor VHF/UHF/HDTV #15-1892) and don't get jack. I don't know if I have it hooked up right, but it's pretty brainless. Do I have to go to a special channel through my HD receiver? Do I hook the antennas "TV" to the VHF/UHF connection on my tv, or the AUX? Are there any special settings??? Please help this frusterated newbie!!!Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 45
hello Arron,
we have to go back to "step one".

check www.antennaweb.org , put in your address and zip and see how far you live from the broadcast transmission towers. If you are more than 10 or 15 miles, an indoor antenna, no matter how neat it looks, will probably not work.

For most people, over-the-air digital TV reception will require an outdoor antenna. For some, a large antenna in the attic may work, but rarely are all the antenna towers located in the same direction from the house. TV antennas are by their very design, very directional. That is why in the "good 'ol days", every roof mounted TV antenna also had a motorized rotor to change the antennas direction.

So, let us know how the distances to the towers come out, and we can work on some solutions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us