Samsung HL-S6187W

Username: Chmee

Post Number: 1
Long time lurker here.

Been watching DLP technology for a couple of years now...and I'm almost ready to take the plunge. Had been looking at HL-R6168W or HL-R6167.

But now that it looks like the new Samsungs are about to hit the market I'd like to know what you all think about the HL-S6187W. This (on paper) looks to be a winner -- in the 1080p niche anyway. Anybody seen one?

I'm also intrigued by the new LED light engine, but the extra $1000 may put it out of my price range.

Username: Kscfd

Cocoa Beach, FL US

Post Number: 1
This is one for all you TV experts on here. I've had an RCA 27" tube for many many years. This is my first projection TV and it looks like I'm going to be paying more for this one then I did for my fist car. What are the main differences between the Samsung HL-S6187W and the HL-R6168W? The kid had me buy a media center PC and someone said the PC connections on these sets makes it look like a 61" monitor. Don't get hung up on the PC thing. That's just the kid's thing. I just need recommendations for a good DLP projection and these two are what I'm researching at this moment. Send me what you think to delete@kscfirefighters.com

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 678
Differences can be determined to an extent from the Samsung web site.

http://www.samsung.com/products/tv/index.asp

You guys interested in the new "S" series need to pull the trigger and tell the rest of us what you think. They are too new for any feedback from this forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us