HBO On Demand Error Message

Username: Nortynorty

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Number: 2
My cable company recently introduced HBO On Demand at no charge!! I have a Motorola 2000 STB connected to my VCR and Sony analog television. I get an error message when I try and use this feature. The cable company has reset the box remotely several times, has had me unplug, wait 30 seconds, replug, wait 20 minutes. No luck. Recently they said I wasn't set up to receive On Demand, but when they changed that in my profile it still didn't work. They said perhaps my house was not set up for digital service (all other things work okay). When I asked what that meant they said that I should have digital splitters. I purchased them myself and it still doesn't work. They said that the signal strength needs to be just right and that they need to send a tech out. Does this all sound right?

Bronze Member
Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 19
I can personlly tell you the people answering the phones at the cale companies have no idea whats going on. I have a close friend that thinks an IP address means the physical address to International Paper(I.P.) company. I'd try to get another opinion..Have you tried tech support yet? They can usually get you up a few levels before they know whats going on.

Keith
Http://www.eHDMI.com

Bronze Member
Username: Wanabtech

Post Number: 17
Our company has been offering VOD services for over a year. Are you receiving a specific error code, such as 1105, 1112 etc...? Our system is SA, not Motorola, but the codes may be the same. As far as the cabling in your home, typically if you're not tiling on your digitals, you're VOD is ok.

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Number: 3
I have been receiving error codes...two different ones, unfortunately I don't remember them off hand but can post them later...however, when I called to report the problem (as the message said to do) they had no interest in hearing which error code number appeared. That was an early on clue that they were just going to apply a generic solution to the problem.

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Number: 5
Are you receiving a specific error code, such as 1105, 1112 etc...?

I just tried and received the message, "Error Retrieving Data" Reference SRM-8001. Is that code meaningful to any of you?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I have never saw that on our system, but remember we use a different line of equipment.

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Number: 7
I'm really at a loss and getting nowhere. I wrote to the service manager of the cable company, faxed a letter to him and then mailed a copy when I didn't hear after a week. It's over a week since the mailed letter and no response. I called again over the weekend, was told that there doesn't appear to be anything wrong and that they don't know why it doesn't work...no suggestions for a remedy other than sending a tech out again. The behavior when I try and get On Demand is slightly different than before in that I get a splash screen which says Welcome to On Demand and then immediately get the error message "Error Retrieving Data". Previously it took awhile (several seconds) for that message to show. Also, there are no error codes listed now. I'm not sure what my next step should be.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Have you made a trip to your local office? I reccomend this alot to my customers. They tell me of how they've called numerous times, wrote letters, emails etc.. When I ask them, if they've made the trip to speak to someone in authority locally, they usually say they never thought of that. You may want to give it a try.

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Number: 9
I have been down to the local office, but on the weekend when they seem to be minimally staffed. Perhaps a trip during the week (which is not easy) would be better. I suppose it is worth a try since I'm nowhere close to resolution at this point.

Username: Tech631

MD

Post Number: 1
Do you have any 2 way cable products in the house?
like a modem?
sounds like you dont have a return set up might be an old splitter or a power strip with coax imputs or is the vcr infront of the STB?

Bronze Member

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Post Number: 14
After repeatedly contacting the csr's, writing letters and calling the engineering department, I was finally able to get the cable co to acknowledge that the problem was the node from which my signal was fed. They fixed the problem centrally and I have since been able to get the programs desired...most of the time that is...but I would say now that it is working.

Username: 1movibuff

Post Number: 7
Norty- If you are still curious as to what "Error Retrieving Data" Reference SRM-8001 means, I can answer your question. It simply means the stb was not receiving a VOD data stream. A stb must have two-way communication in order for VOD to work, when the SRM-8001 error code appears, the stb is operating one-way - it is sending information but it is not retrieving any VOD information. It could be caused by a loose connection on the back of the stb, or a weak signal anywhere from inside the outlet where the coax is hooked up to or the main trunk line or in your case the node. It may even be a faulty stb. Each case is different and may be difficult to identify where if problem is coming from.

Username: Tr6699

I just recently got digital cable from time warner. i have a scientific atlanta 2100 and when i try to use the on demand channels i get error 1112 can anybody help me?

Username: Tr6699

Post Number: 2
when i try and use ondemand i get error 1112. how can i fix this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
I won't be back to work til Tuesday. I have seen this code in my reference sheet, but I don't remember what it is specifically. I'll get back with you.

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 270
You may learn more from the company support website then the support staff. View the online support page for your cable company.

If they can't help you over the phone then they should come out and fix it for you. Tell them you want to order more boxes and service when this is fixed. They love to hear that.

Username: Say_what

Post Number: 6
There are several possibilties with 1112 errors. Could be return signal issues, account setup, or even bad converter. Make sure your cable is connected to the converter first. Many customer added devices such as VCRs, RF modulators, some amplifiers will not allow 2 way communication.

If you have added extra splitters to your wiring, try to get the outlet with the digital converter connected to the first splitter.

1112 error basically states the server is not responding to requests, so if it were a system problem, they should be getting a lot of calls.

If the way your converter is connected is not the problem, you are paying for the service, have TW come out and make it work. Thats what our Service Techs get paid to do.

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 319
Very True

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1507
I concur!

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1573
Learning.

Bronze Member
Username: Hotdagobabe

Post Number: 71
SO, WHERE HAVE ALL THE FTA PEEP'S GONE?

Username: Lob22

i have the same problem it gives me error 1112 then erroe droxycall[1003]/code[2]

anyone know how to fix this or know what that code means when it say droxycall

Bronze Member
Username: Say_what

Post Number: 14
There are several possibilties with 1112 errors. Could be return signal issues, account setup, or even bad converter. Make sure your cable is connected to the converter first. Many customer added devices such as VCRs, RF modulators, some amplifiers will not allow 2 way communication.

If you have added extra splitters to your wiring, try to get the outlet with the digital converter connected to the first splitter.

1112 error basically states the server is not responding to requests, so if it were a system problem, they should be getting a lot of calls.

If the way your converter is connected is not the problem, you are paying for the service, have your cable provider come out and make it work. That is what the service techs get paid to do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us