TV works sometimes, sometimes NO. Looking for a TECH answer.

Username: Damnphillips

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 1
I have a Zenith 32* TV that is around 5 or 6 years old. About 2 weeks ago it wouldn't come on. I did the general guy thing, turned it around and jiggled the cables, unplugged and plugged it back in. Nothing happened. The next day when I woke up my roommate was watching the news. He said the TV had turned on just fine. When we cut it off and tried to turn it back on it wouldn't work. Well you get the idea, sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't. I don't think this is a short in the power cord, and I have tried changing outlets. That is about all I know to do. It hasn't worked in a couple of days as of now. I guess I'm looking for a tech answer as to what might be wrong for knowledge sake. I would guess the power supply, maybe? I'm new into the electronics game and really want to take some more classes Any book suggestions on electronics since I am now tv-less until I get the money up to fix it.

Username: Chris0311

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 6
whats the model #?

Bronze Member
Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 20
Does the TV do the same w/ the remote? If the remote works fine then it's a bad power switch. Also, it's possible the remote has a stuck button that can cause that..

Keith
http://www.ehdmi.com/eCoustics.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us