Lg plasmas

Bronze Member
Username: Angelo

New york

Post Number: 21
just bought 2 Lg plasmas 50PC3D & 42PC3D. I was going to buy the pioneer pdp 5060hd but it is 5,000 and both LG together were 5,500 and the stats on the Lg seemed better also I saw them side by side and the LG was brighter and sharper but the pioneer had slighty better blacks I couldnt find any reveiws on the LG because they are new models I also understand that the LG were not cable card ready but who needs that- no on demand functions or dvr service I'm happy with my set top box after all it is the only clock in the room. If anyone has any comments on my purchase I'm all ears

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 307
LG's are good plasmas with features at a low price...Contrast is more advanced on them since it there new out..Notice that all new plasmas boast that they have 10,000:1 contrast.The Pioneer is only 4,000:1 but is has a better black level due to the TV and there not know for having a good rep in that area.Pioneer also has 2 HDMI inputs.Media reciever makes it one of the best TV's to go on the wall.Also has a cable card with on screen guide.When the new Pioneers come out its going to be amazing to see them..I would say this though..Features wise and especially since you like the PQ on the LG i would have bought the New Toshiba 42 and 50 hands down over the LG's.Not to talk down on LG but for the money,more value for the price for the Toshiba.I wanna see one on display to see how PQ stacked up.Last year the Toshibas were awsome sets in PQ and overall specs on the TV.More connections and small things value me more because when you take the TV home you dont have them to compare side by side with another set.

Bronze Member

New york

Post Number: 22
the media reciever is good thats why I originally wanted it. but if you are going to use a reciever anyway I see no point in having a media reciever. even with the media reciever you still need a cable going to the tv. and if you have an audio/video reciever you still only need one wire to the tv. the only advantage to the media reciever is if you dont have an a/v reciever already. for the price the LG is better and if there is a slight diferance between them once its home like you said there is know way of telling the differance

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 309
HDMI pass through on recivers is impossible with HD DVR's. Also many of them dont even have HDMI.Also with the Pioneer you dont have to worry about moving the power cord behind the TV to hide it.

Bronze Member

New york

Post Number: 23
I know about the power cord I have an outlet right above my fireplace so I dont have to worry. about HDMI it will work with recievers some day for now I'll use component conection It is still 1 wire from the tv to the reciever and the LG is about half the price thats why I bought 2 of them

Silver Member

Tenessee

Post Number: 311
5 cords but 1 bundle..Im just saying there good sets and if you like the picture on them then thats all that metters.I was just saying i would get the Toshiba. Same price as LG but cabinet looks better to me and has cablecard.

Silver Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 122
Who sells the Pio 5060 for $5000 ?! You can buy the Pro1130 ELITE for that price (less actually). Both of course have the external media receiver which is just awesome.

Bronze Member

New york

Post Number: 24
best buy and all the other certified pioneer stores. be carefull for stores or sites with low price they usually sell B stock items which are not covered by manufactures warrenty and if your spending that much on a tv I'd rather spend a few dollors more from a certified store.
I know that pc richards has the pdp 5060 for 4200 on sale
the media receiver is only good if you are not using an a/v receiver because there is the same amount of wires going into the tv

Silver Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 123
The TV's you compared were obviously not calibrated properly or you would not have put the LG in the same category with the Pio. But it only matters what YOU think and what your eyes like. I wish my eyes liked the cheaper displays, but they were all inferior after countless hours of testing. The Panasonic's were the closest second to Pioneer, to my eyes (and most pro AV reviewers).

Tweeter (authorized and local store) sells the Pioneer Pro1130 Elite for $4600-$5100 and in my case they doubled the factory Elite warranty. Several of us have bought Elite's from there. The 5060 can be had for just under $4k from authorized dealers.

I don't think you understand the advantages of the media receiver (WITH an AV receiver). But if you are sold on the LG it doesn't matter... they don't offer a media receiver option.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy.

Bronze Member

New york

Post Number: 26
I know the pioneer is beter that was my original choice. when you have only one tv in front of you and thats all you see all day your eyes ajust so if there is only a slight differance you would never know after a while

Username: Docgecko

Syracuse, NY US

Post Number: 1
Ok, I'm new to all this Plasma stuff. I just purchased an LG 50PC1DRA and it will be installed on a wall on the 27th. I opted to not purchase HDMI cables thinking I could probably purchase them via the Internet if in fact they are necessary. That's where I need input. I'm a total idiot when it comes to these things. If I do purchase them I will need two...one for the DVD and one for the Cable Box. Correct??? Are they necessary and should I go with the Monsters or are the cheap ones just as good. Thanks for any help you can give me on this one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us