Can I get Music channels with a cable card

Username: Keith32566

Florida

Post Number: 1
I have a Panasonic DCR HDTV. Months ago I ask Mediacom if I could get music channels with a cable card. They said "no, you need a cable box because it is a two-way connection." A couple of months ago I found that I was receiving the music channels without a card or box and am not paying for digital cable or HDTV. The reception was good for 5 or 6 weeks then started cutting in and out. I called Mediacom to get the reception fixed and was told that I shouldn't be receiving the channels. She said I could pay $1.99/month for a card and get the music channels. When I agreed to get the card she came back on the phone a said that I need a box because the music channels are 2-way. What is going on? Why would music channels be 2-way? Are they just tring to get more money out of me?

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 739
I can only offer that our company allows music choice with the cable card, it's not a two-way channel in our system, and it's quite possible it could be two-way in your cable system although I find it highly unlikely. Contact your local cable commission or contact the FCC and see what they have to say about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us