Problem with Mitsubishi WD-52525

Username: Quadrado16

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a WD-52525 from a used-television dealer. In the store everything looked great - they powered on the television and I watched for a good 2 minutes before signing the release waiver. However, when I got home and started watching Gladiator, perfectly parallel vertical lines appeared down the screen. They are no more than a pixel wide, and with no input they appear black on the blue background. They are spaced a couple inches apart and stop about 8 inches from the right side of the screen. They seem to change with motion on the screen and are more evident when light colors are displayed. The text for the screen is somehow unaffected by them (i.e. the yellow text at the top left that says "input-1" etc.) and they appear over the lines completely. But the strangest thing is that these lines only appear after 5-10 minutes of use, and stay on until the TV is powered off and given 15 minutes or so to cool down. I'm assuming it has something to do with the heat. I read similar occurrences with convergence issues.

I called the dealer to ask for an exchange, but they said that the damage probably occurred during transportation. This seems highly unlikely as I was very careful with the TV and a problem as fickle and bizarre as this doesn't seem like it could happen from a little bumping around. Everything else works fine and the image is crystal clear. Please! Help me get rid of my lines - it is unbearable to watch anything. I don't have a warranty so I need to do it myself... if that's possible.
Thanks!

Username: Quadrado16

Post Number: 2
Does anyone have any advice? Please...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us