Sony kp-53xbr repair issues Are TV's throwaways?!

Username: Nzmose

Post Number: 1
KP-53xbr-300 is junk. The set is 6 years old. It started to flash 5 times and shut off. Repair critter charged me $110.00 to come out and say that he can't fix it. WTF?!
Are these $3650.00 tv's just throwaways? Can't they be repaired? Has anyone had luck getting a sony tv repaired? I am about ready to toss it out and buy yet another expensive piece of electronics that I will have to toss again if it goes on the fritz because I don't have the knowledge to work on them myself and the sony repair is worthless and just say that they are sorry 'it is out of wareentee' and the local authorized repair place is happy to come to your house in two weeks to pick up a check for the privildge of telling you that they can't fix it.
(didn't even try to diagnos the problem, what recourse do I have, I feel ripped off once by sony for selling a expensive piece of electronics without supporting it when it fails and also ripped by their 'authorized 'service which is a sham.

Username: Chris0311

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 3
was it flashing any particular color before it would turn itself off? sonys have been notorious for having bad crt's with that type of problem but you cant tell unless you look at them. if you can hear an arching sound coming from inside, it almost a guarantee. the sony authorized service center here in denver is a joke also. i think they charge a $119 to come out and their techs are a joke.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us