Stop vs pause

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 34
I have a Motorola DVR with Cox Cable. One quick question. When watching a program what is the difference between pausing or stopping the program in progress. I have tried both and I can't see any difference. I see no reason to even have both a pause and stop button, they perform exactly the same, as far as I can tell.

Thanks, Chuch

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 48
You will notice the difference when you replay a previously recorded program. Pause will pause, stop will ask you if you want to save or erase the recording.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 35
Thanks for the info, I tried it and that's exactly what happened.

I have another question for you. The Cox tech. that replaced my old box with this dvr box did not replace my remote. This dvr has 2 tuners. I do not have a "swap" button on the old remote, so is there any way I can determine what channel the second tuner is on? Also, when I'm viewing one channel and switch to another channel and then back to the previous channel, why does the recording start over again?

Thanks, Chuck

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 49
Chuck,

You must have the correct remote for that unit. Call COX right away. As for your question, wnen you have the right remote you can swap tuners to view a different channel.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us