Newbie Needs Help

Username: S2h

Post Number: 1
Hi all, new user and soon to be plasma owner in need of some assistance.

First, I notice MONITORS are much cheaper than those with tuners - will i be sacrificing much quality if I go with a less expensive monitor considering i have DTV? will i still be able to obtain HD with a monitor or do you need strictly HD tuner?

Second, I want to install the plasma on the wall however i do not want the peripherals in the room (dtv box, dvd etc) is there a way to put them on the otherside of the same wall (closet) but still control everything via remotes?

Also, on the monitor units, it appears they do not have speakers - is this true or are they hidden?

thanks for the assistance!

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 441
True. PQ is the same however.

Username: S2h

Post Number: 2
???

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 449
1. You do not sacrifice picture quality. In fact, the industrial models tend to have, if anything, slightly better PQ; This has to do with previous differences in coating on the glass ( FCC Class A vs FCC class B). Also, BNC connections are technically better than RCA jacks for video signals.

2. Monitors do not have tuners and usually dont have speakers as well.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 886
If you are going to watch the monitor through cable, satellite, and/or dvd's--you only need a monitor. If you are watching off-air, you need a tuner. So if you watch OTA tv shows you either can't get a monitor, or you need a separate component with a tuner.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us