Panasonic 50PHD8UK Graininess?

Username: M1levesque

Post Number: 1
Does anyone else have experience in this? I've had this great monitor for about a week and the first 2 days I was blown away by the clarity. I am using component video to watch HD television. Now, I am not sure I am imagining this or not - the picture quality looks worse. In people's faces, light colored clothing, light backgrounds especially, I see the pixels, moving around, in all different colors. It is as if the images is not still - it is moving. It's a little disconcerting, and it's all I can notice. It's much more noticeable up close (e.g. 6 feet) but also very noticeable at 8 feet. It's driving me crazy as to whether it is something that can be fixed, or whether it was there the first 2 days and I just didn't notice it. I noticed it after I moved a lot of my equipment around and swithced from a Denon 2803 to the new 2807 but switching back to the 2803 and also going direct from the cable box to the monitor have not fixed this. Any thoughts?

Username: Aliasjb

Post Number: 10
I would sure like to hear from someone on this since I am planning on ordering one today.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 453
There are model specific threads on this plasma at avsforum.com. Check em out for a whole lot of detailed info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us