Comcast HD?

Username: Jmy350z

Edison, New Jersey

Post Number: 4
I am moving this Saturday and I think I am going to get Comcast HD? I have the 60" Sony SXRD.I am not going to get a cablecard.Right now I do not have a dvd player,I will use my Xbox 360.I am waiting until Blu Ray comes out and then pick up one of those players.Are the cables used by Comcast going to give me the best PQ? Should I go out and buy my own? I am not getting a dvr.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 833
John, you should contact Comcast to determine whether they offer an HD cable box with a working HDMI output. Request one if they do, even if you have to buy your own HDMI cable.

Bronze Member
Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 21
If you get the Motorola 6412 Phase III (it will say 3 on the front) then you will have HDMI output. And don't spend $100.00 on a cable, get one from monoprice.com for $10.00! There is not difference in video quality. I've tried my friends $149.00 Monster HDMI cable on his TV and on mine and there is no difference. Of course your TV must have HDMI input as well. If not and your TV has DVI input then just get the HDMI to DVI cable. The only difference between these outputs is that HDMI also outputs an audio siginal and the DVI does not. With DVI you use the optical or standard RCA connections.
Hope this helps you.

JF

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 837
If Comcast supplies you with an HDMI cable, then use that.
Otherwise.....

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024003 &p_id=2412&seq=1&format=2&style=

Silver Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 838
By the way John, nice TV!
I'm green with envy.

Upload

Username: Jmy350z

Edison, New Jersey

Post Number: 5
Thanks for all the info.When I call Comcast, would I be able to tell them that I would like to get the Motorola 6412 Phase III?

Username: Cablegirl2

Post Number: 1
John, I am not in the same market you are but I do work in billing and repair for Comcast. In our market we no longer provide the box with the hdmi port. We now use the component wires only. Of course, if a customer brings back one of the older boxes we do give it back out to another customer once it has been refurbished and verified to be a working box. In my call center, we have no way of knowing if they would have the specific box at the front desk you are requesting. We could tell you if we had hd/dvr's available, but the only way we would know if it is the newer or older model is if we got up and walked to the front desk to ask. Which I have done for customers but not all reps do. Also, not all call centers also have their main office in the same building.

P.S. If you have any problems with your hd/dvr box and you call in and you feel like the rep you are speaking with may not know for sure how to resolve your problem just politely end the call and wait a few minutes and call back in. We are only human and I will be the first to tell you that I know far more about those boxes than the girl across from me, but not nearly as much as the guy across the call center on another row. You will know when you are talking with someone who knows the equipment well. They will be confident in what they tell you.

Good luck and enjoy your hd/dvr box.

Username: Txmrlevine

Woodbridge, VA

Post Number: 2
I just got the Comcast box w/ the HDMI port. It did not work properly - instead of returning. I purchased some off brand Component cables and the PQ was horrible. I could not get my Video equipment very close so I did purchase 16ft THX Component cables by Monster. The picture was AWESOME. I am projecting to a 106" Cinetension Screen from Elite screens ( http://www.elitescreens.com/productscine.html ) from my Panasonic AE900U ( Got a deal on this from Visual Apex coming in from Audioholics site which they gave an additional 1year warranty on the projector - It was the best Price I could find also ( http://www.visualapex.com/audioholics/ ). Did that all for under 2400 bucks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us