JVC D-ILA HDMI (Green Screen)

Username: Jwj356

San Mateo, California USA

Post Number: 1
I know this is beating a dead horse but I just found that my screen went green again (I use the HDMI port for my DVD). I did the reset and it went back to normal. I remember some spooky disussion on the web about the set being sensitive to light. This set is up against a window (with vertical window shade slats). Is it really that sensitive? Does light come in through the vent slots on the back? How about the cable card slot? Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions (other than moving the set)?

Thanks,

John

Username: I010288

Post Number: 1
Hello John,
My problem is my hdmi connection from the time warner cable (twc) box to my panasonic hdmi connection. Every time I watch something from the twc box, I get the green screen then it comes back after 3 seconds. Is it the cable box or is it the panasonic plasma (gulp.... mounted to wall).

It is inconsistent and every time a twc repair man comes along, the problem does not exhibit itself.

Can someone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks,

Aldo

Username: I010288

Post Number: 2
BTW the plasma is mounted against a wall so it can't be the light.

Regards,

Aldo

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 467
John Jensen,

On the HDMI port, yes, there is supposedly a circuit that disables the HDMI port if exposed to light/ and or the back is removed. I've posted a bunch of stuff on it and because of such a poster by the name of Caser (I think, it's been a while) finally pumped a service tech for the info on how to reset the HDMI port without a special service remote.

BTW: If you look in your owners manual it warns against not taking the back of the set off, the wording is related to the HDMI port.

The above being said... Think of HDMI as Windows ver 1.1 or so.... It's going to be "
buggy" and I'm thinking when things get "unstable" the port freak out, and it "crashes"....

I think allot of this being caused by the extra data they add to keep the data encrypted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us