Dish Pro Plus question

Bronze Member
Username: Al_bundy

Post Number: 11
my bud has dp plus. he has 2 lines coming in and each line has a seperator to feed 2 inputs of the receiver. he has 2 dual tuner irds.
one ird feeds 2 rooms, the other ird feeds 2 rooms.

NOW he has a 301.10 and a 2700a fta.
if he wanted to run the 301.10 does he hae to dissconect the splitter or can he just use either side of seperator

will a dish pro plus do a 301 or a pansat?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1578
DPP works on FTA..and I believe the 301 as well..tell bud to TEST, instead of asking.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i will test when i get to the guys house.
hard to test over the phone i want to get rid of one cardless ird and run the fta/301 on the line with the separators and was hoping someone had the settings for the antena set up for the fta.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1579
U set it (receiver) same way as any Dish Pro LNB....its all very simple...but it all depends on which LNB's and satellites U have ...Al, U do say and ask some dumb thngs...U are just like Bundy on TV..do U sell shoes too?....LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
like i said above its a DISH PRO PLUS lnb,
and no i dont sell shoes, only ask question for opinions,
but then again opinions are like as holes everyone has one:-)

Username: Pkaayaa

Metuchen, NJ USA

Post Number: 10
Hi,
I have a very annoying problem. I have dishpro plus (dual tuner in two rooms) I spit one of the output from the receiver and connected to my pansat 3500S. The problem is when I scan (all types including blind scan), I get all the 119 channels but none of 110 channels.
My settings are:

LNB Type: Dish-pro
LNB Local-Freq: 11250
22khz: OFF
DiseqC: OFF

PLEASE HELP ME IN GETTING 110 CHANNELS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1606
U cannot use splitters with FTA's, especially if the cable is carrying 2 signals...U just now split the signal....what do U expect...why do U think its called a splitter?...U can use splitters after the FTA to split to 2 TV's ONLY..U need another LNB, or another open output from the present LNB for the FTA receiver..

Bronze Member
Username: Pkaayaa

Metuchen, NJ USA

Post Number: 11
Thanks LK.

Username: Electric47

Post Number: 4
Hi
I installed a 36" motorized dish, where should I go to find out which lnb would be best for this hookup. Thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well it is a seperator one for each tuner, its a dual tuner ird.
try setting 119 -1 and 110 -2 in the disqec settings.and set LNB Type:standard.
ive been trying the same thing and i couldnt get it working at friends house.
i did get a 301.010 working using output 1 from seperator though. and if you do get it working please post back your settings.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1756
remove the seperators..when using DPP LNB's...and run cables directly to receivers (NO switches)....and READ this thread!

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/212683.html

Bronze Member
Username: Paint

Post Number: 21
Is there a preference between DishPro twin and Legacy twin LNB's when used on Dish 500 with Pan. 3500?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1758
Legacy Twins have built in sw21 switches and cannot be used with FTA,except for coo*lsat and and viewsat receivers...will NOT work on Pansats..recommend Dish Pro LNB's..

BTW al bundy...splitters are NOT DPP LNB seperators..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
it says seperator if you watch channel 999.

and on the seperator

h**p://cgi.ebay.com/DP-Plus-Seperator-for-Dish-Network_W0QQitemZ9707838108QQcate goryZ32843QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

replace **-tt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i cant edit above post
i do know the difference between separator and splitter thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1774
I have never seen or heard "seperator' until DPP LNB's are talked about..and everyone calls a splitter, a splitter...U were implying they are the same...and I was just saying " I do not think so"..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1775
You are bidding on a New DP Plus Separator for Dish Network. This switch enables you to run 1 cable into the home and feed dual tuner DISH Pro Receivers (921, 721*, 522 and 322) making installations a snap. • When used with the DISH Pro Plus 44 Switch or a DISH Pro Plus Twin LNB dish, this product will allow you to run a dual tuner satellite receiver such as the 322, 522, 721 or 921 with a single RG6 cable from the dish.

OK...I understand it now...its basically a form of a "disque switch" combining 2 signals into 1 cable for DN Dual tuner (Tivo type)receivers.....it seperates nothing really..

sarge...don't know why U are having such problems...this is all very simple...do NOT use a seperator and MUST have a Dish pro receiver for 3 sats...nothing else needed..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
found a link that answered most of my questions.
you CANT use a seperator with a dp 34.
but i found the info i needed
this may help others

http://www.solidsignal.co*m/dishpro_installation.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us